2015-07-09

Having siblings would be different than imagination.



While reading the adorable book named "Beezus and Ramona" I suddenly thought that I was so blessed that I don't have any younger brother and sisters. I am an only child without any siblings, but I grew up with my cousin who is 5 years younger than me. Actually she was the pain for me not to remember for a while. She always wanted to have what I had, wanted to do what I've done, wanted to wear what I wore and so on. She seemed to want to be me. I got really annoyed when I was young and I truly didn't like her at all, but even I was so bothered though mothers were different, if under the same mother, it would be the real pain. Also if the parents showed the little favoritism, I would get so many wounds that I do not want to remember. In the book, their mother never showed any favoritism, but I could totally felt that how annoying Ramona was. Even though I got frustrated while reading the book, if I have the real one, I would die for the frustration.

When I was young, before 6 years old, before going to elementary school, I strongly desired to have any brother or sister, but now I really thank mom not to have one. I am sure when I got older, I would be little lonely being an only-child, but I hated to be annoyed and felt frustration in my younger years. I was too sensitive to get over with any type of tantrums. Having little sisters or brothers is not always pleasing and cute angel coming to the house.

Also, there was another thing I've thought of. We mostly got confused with what the really attention and care are. Humans are always asking for the love and care, but when they, the love and care, could not be fulfilled, we act differently which causing problems. When Ramona kept making the mischief, Beezus told her Aunt Beatrice. She replied this. 
"Lots of times little children are naughty because they want to attract attention. I have an idea that saying nothing about her naughtiness will worry Ramona more than a scolding (Beezus and Ramona, Beverly Cleary, p.109)." 
When I've read about the criminal minds, especially of the serial murderer, many of them usually thought that they could grab the attention. In my opinion, high rate of crime occurred with the careless of their parents and the lack of attention. In my case, I felt sick when needing some attention or care. My parents were really busy at my younger age and I had to stay at the nursery center while my parents working. If I got sick, then my mother had to stay with me. Since then, I believe that I pretend to be sick when I want to get the attention or ask for some excuses. For good education, we, adults, have to pay more attention to the good behaves than bad. They could get confused that to scold is the attention and care, unless we don't give them enough attention and praise their good works.  

★★★★★ I am not the person who easily gives five stars, but children, especially those who have younger sisters and brothers, enjoy reading. They can sympathize with the story and laugh together. (maybe got annoyed more than relieved) 

No comments:

Post a Comment