2015-07-08

The appearance depends on the thoughts.


"If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until it gets so ugly you can hardly bear to look at it.
A person who has good thoughts cannot every be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
The Twits, Roald Dahl, Penguin Books, p. 7

Since last week, I started the Raold Dahl Project for a month, but I don't think it will take that long. The Roald Dahl Project is simply that I am planning to read most of his storytelling books. Now, I've read five of them. 
1) George's Marvelous Medicines, which I like with the imagination and the saying that do not be grumpy at your family, 
2) The Giraff and the Pelly and Me, which was the really cute story telling the total happy ending for all, 
3) Fantastic Mr Fox, which was really ridiculous and funny, 
4) The magic finger, which tells that do not kill animals and think in others' shoes, 
5) Esio Trot, which was the really cute love story that the old man showed his true passion toward the woman. 
Today, I read The Twits. Other five books were mostly telling the story without any specific message delivered by the author(in fact, those five were all great storytelling books giving the good message, such as being in others' shoes, loving with the true heart, ect), but this one actually have one. 

When I was young, my mother kept telling me that "smile and think happily. After 40-50 years old, you need to take the responsibility of your face which showed your thoughts, experiences and thoughts." I had no idea at that moment, but when I am getting older and older, I totally understand what she said. It was the truth that our face and the image have been kept changing and formed the impression. When I tried to think positively and be gentle, my face showed the love, but when I did not think positively and hate others, it showed the ugliness and sensitive feeling. 
Pretty and lovely are not belonging to how the eyes, nose, mouth, and body looks, but to how I think and act. 

Through this book, Roald Dahl tells two things. 
1) To have good thoughts which will shine out of your face
2) To be in others' shoes and nice to people and any living creatures around you.

★★★★★ I would please to give five stars. Short, fun, and meaningful. 
Great story, but a little bit disgusting in the beginning of the book when Mr Twit were described. 


No comments:

Post a Comment