2015-07-17

Are you different or wrong?


"But still, everyone knows I'm different," said Joe. "What did I do wrong?"
"You're not different," Marvin said. "I mean, everyone's different. Life would be boring if everyone was the same."
"But what do I do that is so different?" Joe asked. "I want to fit in. I want the other kids to like me. What do I have to do?"
Marvin didn't know what to say. He didn't want to hurt Joe's feelings.
"I don't want to be a door key," said Joe.
"You're not a door key," said Marvin. "You're a good friend. If the other kids can't see that, then that's their problem."
p. 56-57, Marvin Redpost #6: A flying birthday cake,
Louis Sachar


Since it is written for the children around the world, it only takes only about thirty minutes for me to read the whole story. I really like the story of the Marvin Redpost series and for next six or seven days, I'm planning to read all of them.

There are two main messages that I love about: a) everyone is different and the fact of difference makes life more enjoyable, and b) we often make others' problem as mine.

Through living on earth and trying to fit in the society, we easily makes the problems belonging to others let come into our lives as our own; however, the saddest part is that we could not even notice and live the way the others kept asking for us to do. When I was young, I got so much stress and pressure to be as the "standard" people that made by the society, but I realized that there was the huge gap between the reality and the ideal ego. Every time, I live on earth, the world and everyone around me had to pick on me by the difference of characteristics and personality. I should remember that it was not my problem, but theirs, and should try not to bring that into my lovable life.

I love to give five stars: ★★★★★, especially for the message that I love and keep myself remembering through daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment