2013-11-14

at four in the morning


at four in the morning,
After calling a day,
while going back home,
I looked up and saw
thousands of thousands of stars
twinkling brightly at where
they should be.


All day long, wrestling with
thick, heavy, dark clouds
made up of unanswered prayer
and full of rain, desperately 
depressed and defeated,
“Am I abandoned?”


asked I, and soon realized
shining stars keep shouting out
about the truth of life and love,
“You are a special, beloved
daughter, and at the rigth time,
all your wishes will come true.


Do not be afraid.
I am your shield, your very great reward.”


Although I wrote this poem for my poetry workshop, it is my personal story. While looking at stars, they always reminds me of the Bible verse, "Do not be afraid. I am your shield, your very great reward (Genesis 15:1)," and gave me unmeasurable peace in my heart. Sometimes without proper reason, depression stroke me and dragged me down to the bottom. I cannot avoid emptiness and loneliness. Last two to three weeks, because of being afraid to be get hurt, I tried to ignore and reject the truth and how I felt, which made me so down and lonely; however, after studying late, I accidentally looked up and saw the twinkling starts. It amazed me and its beauty overwhelmed me with peace and calm. While work-shopping, there were several good suggestions for better version, but I just put the original one. No matter I used the cliche image, such as shining stars and truth of life and love, it was exactly the way I felt and the way I was learned from the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment