2013-09-06

Change

When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change the nation.

When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family.

My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.

- Words on a tombstone of an Anglican bishop buried in Westminister Abbey

 

While looking at my memos on my iPad, I found this note. I cannot remember where I got this one, but it is pretty famous words. I do really agree that only thing I can change is myself, and its impact will change the world. From now on, I will put as much efforts as possible on changing myself for good and hope its impact change my surrounding.

  1. Sleep early, and start a day early.
  2. Put some oxygen into cells in the morning. (exercise)
  3. Drink 3 bottles of 500ml water.
  4. Always smile and do my best on everything I have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment